Hii, long time no see. Ok, now we will learning about FL Studio. Did you know what is it?, that’s a DAW. DAW or Digital Audio Workstation is a tool have some function for making or modified audio that’s the point. And I will telling more about that but next time ok.
Actually, have many kinds of DAW types. We can say like;
- Presonus Studio One
- Ableton Live, and many more
But in here, I will teach you; FL Studio, Protools, and Presonus Studio One. Because I just can that DAW type. But and at future, maybe I will add DAW one.
What can FL Studio do?
Good question. Here is all of functions of FL Studio (on my version now is 12.4)
FL Studio is a full-featured music production environment capable of multi-track audio recording, sequencing and mixing for the creation of professional quality music tracks. With VST hosting, a flexible mixer, advanced MIDI and ReWire support no musical style will be beyond your reach. Songs or loops can be exported to .wav, .mp3, .ogg or .mid format.
Why buy FL Studio?
- Lifetime FREE Updates - Buy FL Studio then get every future release of FL Studio for FREE. Register FL Studio from your online account.
- Access to the Image-Line community - Includes user forums, content & project downloads, give-aways, exclusive competitions and more.
Support - Interact with the program developers, not bored underpaid workers with their finger on the auto-answer button.
- Multi-track audio recording - Simultaneously record as many tracks as your audio interface can handle.
- Audio editing and manipulation - Pitch correction, pitch shifting, harmonization, time-stretching, beat-detection & slicing, audio warping.
Low latency audio - ASIO audio interface driver support & universal ASIO4ALL included.
Open Architecture Synthesizer & Effects plugin hosting
Instruments & Effects - Third-party VST (1, 2 & 3 @ 32 or 64 Bit), DXi2 & Buzz .
Composition & sequencing
- Flexible workflow - Pattern or linear workflow as you need.
- Piano roll - With enhanced (native plugin) per-note automation, per-note MIDI channels and per-note slides.
Playlist - Multi-track free-form Playlist allows you to place Audio, Automation and Pattern Clips to arrange music, audio and control data.
- Record - Record input from keyboards, drum pads & any other MIDI compatible controller, including mobile phones and tablets with Image-Line Remote.
- Multiple inputs - Connect as many MIDI devices as you like and control onboard instruments independently.
Powerful MIDI learning system - FL Studio remembers which controller you have used and what plugins or UI targets it was linked to.
Mixing and effects
- Mix and remix audio - including application of real-time audio effects such as delay, reverb & filtering.
Flexible internal routing - Route any mixer track to any other to create powerful and complex mixer chains, groups and sub-groups.
- Record Automation - Capture automation to an editor where it can be edited or manipulated post-performance.
- Automation Clips - Use powerful spline-based Automation Clips in the Playlist to control any automatable target.
Automation Generators - Link any automatable interface or plugin targets to the internal generators.
Live performance features
- Clip triggering - Trigger Audio, Automation and Pattern clips from MIDI controllers. Includes hold, latch, one-shot, march, trigger sync functions.
Visualization - MIDI & audio controlled visualization plugins.
- Vectorial resizing - The Mixer and main UI can be rescaled to fit human fingers. No more fiddling about with tiny controls on a touch screen.
Designed for touch - Swap between Windows Multi-touch and FL Studio Multi-touch modes for enhanced touch functions.
- VST - The entire FL Studio application can be hosted inside other DAW software as a multi-output VST instrument.
ReWire - Host ReWire clients or host FL Studio as a ReWire client in other DAW software.
- Context sensitive help - Pressing the F1 key, while running FL Studio, the help will open at the correct page for the currently focused item.
- Internal hot-linking - All program features related to the current topic. If you are asked to 'see page X' it will be hot-linked. Fast, efficient and easy.
Searchable text - Key-word and key-topic searches based on common language questions asked by customers on the Image-Line forums and Technical Support lines.
(source: FL Studio help)
Ok, that’s all of preview. Before we’re learn how to operate that DAW like; pattern, Midi Trigger, Mixing, and etc. Then I will teach you more basically teory first. Yes, I do this because I want you really more understand clearly about FL Studio. The teory that I will tell you are likes: body of FL Studio, Plugin Knowledge, VST/i and many more.
Ok that’s all. I hope this articel will useful for you guys. Morning and see again for next...